CARDIFF CRICKET CLUB SECTION
The Cricket and Tennis were the first sections to play amateur sport on the Arms Park in the year 1867. The Cricket and Tennis Sections relocated to Sophia Gardens leaving the Cardiff Rugby Football section and the Bowls section as the sole tenants of the Arms Park. Cardiff Athletic Club sold its Sophia Gardens Ground to Glamorgan County Cricket Club in 1998. The Cricket section became nomadic for many years while looking for a suitable ground, but in July 07 were able to open their new facility at Forest Farm, Whitchurch (behind Cardiff High School Old Boys Club). The section has a Pavilion with changing rooms with outfield and pitch.
The section is affiliated to the South Wales Cricket league and the Cardiff and Vale Junior Cricket League. It has three Premier League Teams, two Conference Teams and a thriving junior section of eight teams.